Friday, June 8, 2012

Together 1 month today!

I thought I had better do a short blog today, as it has been one month (May 7) since our Gotcha Day. Kayti still has a LONG way to go, but I am so pleased and can not believe how far she has come already. When we got her a month ago, she did not even really know how to chew food. We have gotten so much better with that. She had virtually no muscle tone to her. Now we have some muscles developing in our legs. I should also say we have gained about 2 pounds since our visit with Dr. Stabile 2 weeks ago. We have noticed the rocking less and less. Only happens now if she wakes up in the middle of the night. I have heard her rocking in then and as soon as I touch her it stops. Thankfully, this and a little thumb sucking are the only orphanage behaviours we have seen. She does test us when we tell her no, but nothing too bad. I am so grateful that the transition has been so smooth. I expected a lot worse and feel almost guilty we have had it so good. I know some families who have really stuggled upon coming home and that is not us. We are blessed! She is such a good, sweet happy child. She loves to eat now and I have found no food being spit out or thrown on the floor like we saw on our first visit. She now loves bath time so that is no longer an issue. We now cry when we have to get out of the tub. She loves to brush her teeth too. Go figure!! Mommy brushes them first, the I let her brush them herself for a little. She is attaching well to both Dale and I and also loves her Grammy, Grandpy, Aunt Lianna, and Uncle Mikey. She loves to sing and her favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle little star. She will sing along and almost is getting some of the words. She loves to play ring around the rosy. She loves to watch TV and loves Dora, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, SpongeBob, and Bubble Guppies. She is learning more words every day and is starting to say more than 1 word at a time. She will repeat almost anything you say, but now is starting to understand what the words actually mean! We are having her baptized at our church on June 23 (Whatever that Sunday is) and would like invite all our local family and friends to come and see Kayti become a member of the family of God. Our church is in Adamsville. We would LOVE to have lots of people there! We are really just looking forward to summer! We are having a family picture taken on Saturday. She is using the potty 99% of the time when we set her on it. We just need to get her to tell us when she needs to go and we had a MAJOR breakthru there tonight, as we were watching Nick Jr and she came over to me and took me by the hand to the bathroom and I said do you have to go potty and she said potty and WE DID!  Both! Such an exciting moment! I was one very proud Mommy! Tonight was another first, as she loves to cuddle and give hugs, but we have been keeping kisses just for Mommy and Daddy and grandparents. She has been getting the idea of how to give us a kiss, but not quite. Tonight when we were putting her to bed, she gave both of us a kiss good night! I want to also take a second to ask any one who reads this to pray for my friends Ron and Trisha Clark as they have court in BG tomorrow for their two BG princessess and the judge has asked for additional info from them, which arrived just in time. So I am sure they would appreciate being lifted in prayer right now. I also have to remember Amanda and Brent Unrue and their court date on Tuesday. Prayers for them going up as well! So exciting to hear of more babies coming home to their families. Oh how I remember how hard the wait was and how awful the seven months between trips were. And as good as we have had it and as happy as we are (and we are over the moon!) I will NEVER forget that pain. 7 month is WAY too long and it is only 5 months short of almost a year of her life. and WHY? This was what we stressed to the BG and US officials at our meeting. I am thrilled we are home and she is with her family forever now though, but cant forget how hard it must have been for her as well. I pray they can do something about the wait. Hearing about a child dying today while waiting for a family is very sad and disturbing to say the least. I would encourage ANYONE who has every remotely thought adoption may be for them, (and I know it isnt for all) and tell them I would absolutely do it again without a seconds hesitation, in spite of the wait and heartache we went thru losing our first referral about a year ago. I feel that God has meant her for our family and know it happened the way it did. Still think of her too and pray she is doing well with her birth parents. Once again, thank you for all of your support, love, encouragement, advice, and friendship over this absolutely incredible roller coaster journey. I can honestly say we could not have go through it without you all!!! Much love,
Lori, Dale, and Kayti!

No comments:

Post a Comment